Covid 19 has not let up, and even though some people choose to take a chance and move forward with their plans, most people are deciding to postpone or even cancel their wedding receptions and events. We support your decision, and we definitely side with the better safe than sorry crowd. Whatever you decide, we are keeping the same policies in place that were adopted in March of 2020. This post will outline those policies.
Even with the current restrictions in place, we have been DJing events and providing the MC services and music. Current restrictions limit an event a great deal but couples still can find ways to have fun and play it safe at the same time.
For weddings, the services we provide haven’t changed much. Couples still can look forward to the following DJ lead events at their reception:
– Grand Entrance / Introduction: DJ announces wedding party.
– Background music for cocktail hour, dinner, and cake cutting.
– MC and lead for games, to keep the guests engaged. (ie: The Shoe Game)
– Some venues still allow the Bouquet and Garter Toss.
– The couples First Dance
– Father and Daughter Dance
– Mother and Son Dance
In our experience, the biggest difference between a restricted and a non-restricted wedding is the restricted wedding ends a couple hours earlier.
If you do decide to cancel or postpone your event:
More than 75 percent of our weddings in 2020 have either rescheduled or canceled completely. Therefore, we are taking a pretty hard hit. We truly care about our clients and want to be a part of their big day in the near future. All deposits will still be good for all rescheduled dates, in other words you do not have to put down a new deposit for your rescheduled date. At Jason Kent Sound and Lighting, our policy for rescheduling a wedding package is pretty simple and straight forward. Our three options are as follows:
1. Reschedule with your same assigned DJ. We will do everything we can to accommodate your date and keep you with the same DJ you initially booked.
2. If your assigned DJ is unavailable, another professional DJ from within our service would be booked by us for your wedding reception.
3. If we’re completely booked, we will help you by reaching out to another company we know would be a good match for your perfect day.
4. If you’re unsure of rescheduling but would like to have more time to think about a new date, we will keep you in our system as active.
Our policy for cancellations is that we will keep you in our system as “deposit paid” but with an open date. We will not charge you a cancellation fee. If at a later date you decide to move forward with another date, your deposit and quote will still be good for that date. We highly recommend booking a date in 2022, recent models showing the new UK variant’s spread is making 2021 look much worse than 2020. Also, most good vendors and venues are booked solid until the end of this year because of 2020 reschedules.
Unfortunately, we cannot refund deposits for cancellations at this time. The deposit is our safety net and is the only way we keep an income coming in during times like these. With the amount of cancellations and postponements coming in, this is all we have. However we will keep it on file that you did pay the deposit, and honor that deposit if you decide to reschedule with us in the future. And, we hope that you do!
How to Postpone Your Wedding Package
Here are some coronavirus safety tips for weddings and receptions to check out if you are still planning on having your upcoming event with us. Once again, we truly thank you for your loyalty and business. Please contact us or call us at 419-619-2291 if you currently have a wedding reception scheduled with us and are looking to postpone it due to these unforeseen circumstances. Whatever your decision, Jason Kent Sound and Lighting wishes you nothing but the best. Stay safe out there! We hope to see you soon on your rescheduled date with us.